Water Resources Committee
The committee prides itself in being available 24/7 to address the needs of our companies. Over the years, since 1982 the committee has developed and been a part of countless projects to enhance water management. Some highlights include:
- Development and enhancement of the “Tanker Strike Team”
- Inspection, qualifying, marking, and cataloging rural water sources.
- Design and implementation of the 30,000 gallon underground tank project. Now being copied by other jurisdictions.
- Input and support of the development code relating to water sources in rural developments.
- Developing and instituting the nationally recognized “Water Management” training program.
- Creating and monitoring a very successful “dry hydrant” installation project.
These and other projects allowed us to seek the ISO (Insurance Services Office) to take another look at Baltimore County. A five (5) year project culminated in October of 2006 with Baltimore County reducing its Rural Protection Class from 9 to 6. This, in many cases has resulted in lower property insurance rates for citizens in our rural areas.
Feel free to contact us for additional information or assistance with any projects.